POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) is a condition that we see regularly here at our Gold Coast acupuncture clinic. POTS is a chronic health condition that impacts a person’s ability to regulate their heart rate and blood pressure. This can lead to difficulty tolerating prolonged standing and other upright positions.
The symptoms range from headaches, dizziness, pulse rate irregularities, digestive issues, foggy head, anxiety and depression. POTS may occur after a sickness with a viral/bacterial infection, a brain injury or a spinal injury. POTS may also exist in other chronic conditions involving autoimmune, diabetes, Ehlers-Danlos, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Fibromyalgia (FMS) and many more.
Tips for People Suffering From POTS
- Change positions slowly– sit on the side of the bed for a few minutes before standing, allowing your heart rate and blood pressure some extra time to adapt.
- Drink plenty of fluids– Drinking plenty of water throughout the day may reduce the chances of low blood volume.
- Reach for the salt– Increasing salt intake may help to protect against low blood volume.
- Small and Frequent Meals– Patients with POTS seem to feel better when they have many small meals rather than few larger meals.
- Temperature matters– Avoiding very high temperature environments may help to reduce symptoms.
POTS acupuncture rehabilitation is aimed at reducing symptoms. With persistent effort, we have seen many patients make significant progress toward those goals.
Our practitioners are excited to help you on this recovery journey, we tailor every treatment to suit your individual needs. Book your appointment with us here or call (07) 5531 6461, alternatively email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
© Haynes Acupuncture Gold Coast 2022