Do you struggle to get to sleep at night, or wake up in the middle of the night with overactive thoughts like you could clean the house? You may be suffering from a common disorder call insomnia.
Insomnia affects a large proportion of us and for some of us it can take over our lives. Not sleeping properly can effect simple day to day tasks like concentration, memory, working, and taking care of financial affairs. You may be suffering from insomnia if you are suffering from two or more of the following:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Waking up often during the night and having trouble going back to sleep
- Waking up too early in the morning
- Feeling tired upon waking
The cause of insomnia may be varied from individual to individual, some main influences are:
- Environmental factors like noise, light (phones & TV right before bed) or temperature, can all interfere with sleep
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Pain or discomfort at night
Research concludes that acupuncture and moxibustion for the treatment of sleeping disorders including insomnia, can assist with falling asleep, quality of sleep and daytime functioning (2).
Come in to our local Gold Coast acupuncture clinic too see what we can do for your sleeping problems.
- McDonald J, Janz S. The Acupuncture Evidence Project: A Comparative Literature Review (Revised edition). Brisbane: Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association Ltd; 2017. http://www.acupuncture.org.au.
- Gao X, e. (2013). Curative effect of acupuncture and moxibustion on insomnia: a randomized clinical trial. – PubMed – NCBI. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24187860
© Haynes Acupuncture Gold Coast